Cutting-edge design meets cutting-edge technology!
Xbox One delivers an entertainment experience like nothing before. Its innovative technology is rivaled only by its iconic design. Sharp corners and clean lines make for a sleek, modern console that complements any decor. Xbox One was designed from the ground up to be the centerpiece of every living room.
Play with absolute peak performance.
Xbox One is the perfect balance of power and performance. In addition to Xbox One’s revolutionary architecture, the combination of its CPU, GPU, and ESRAM is like having a supercomputer in your living room. But raw power is nothing without speed. So the Xbox One uses its power more effectively, creating lightning fast experiences unlike anything you’ve had before.
- 8 Cores: An 8-core x86 processor lets you instantly switch between a game and your entertainment apps with ease.
- HDMI Pass-Thru: Connect your cable or satellite box to your Xbox One and prepare for lift off. HDMI pass-thru enables you to watch TV through your Xbox, which makes switching inputs seem almost pre-historic.
- Memory, lots of it: 8GB of RAM and a 500GB hard drive give you plenty of memory for your games, demos, movies, apps, music, and more.
- Blu-Ray: Microsoft has finally included the much sought after Blu-Ray drive in this console. Watch movies and play games in stunning HD with a Blu-ray player.
What can this Next-Gen console do?
The Xbox One was designed to be the most advanced gaming console ever, and the best entertainment console. To make that possible, we did something unprecedented. For the first time ever, we created a state-of-the-art gaming OS and fused it together with a powerful Windows OS. So you get the best of both worlds, without compromise. Forget about having to switch inputs to watch TV or play a game. Now you can run a host of apps right alongside your game without any loss of performance.
- Sleep/Hibernation Wake-up: Xbox One wakes up instantly, so it’s always ready when you are. Because less time waiting means more time playing.
- Jump Around: Instantly and effortlessly jump back and forth between a game, TV, music, and apps. Now there’s no need to back out of one experience before you jump right into another.
- Split Screen: Ever wish you could chat with a friend on Skype while watching the playoffs? With Snap you can do both at the same time. On the same screen.
A new generation of Xbox Live!
Unleash the power of the cloud with a new generation of Xbox Live: the network that unites every member of the Xbox community. It also connects you to thousands of games, songs, TV shows, movies and sports. More importantly, it’s a scalable source of power that will grow stronger over time. Best of all, your games and profile are stored in the cloud, so every Xbox One console behaves like your very own. And because it’s all one service, your Xbox Live Gold membership will work on both Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
- Living Games technology allows game worlds to keep going even when you’re not playing. So you never know what new things you’ll find the next time you play. And advanced artificial intelligence can learn to play like you. So when you’re not around, your friends can still play against your shadow.
- Want to check sports scores in the middle of a game? No problem. With auto-resume, your game is suspended right where you left off. So you can jump back instantly to the same spot. You can even start a movie or a game on one Xbox One and finish it on another.
- With Xbox One, you can start playing immediately as games install. And updates install seamlessly in the background, so your games and entertainment won’t be interrupted.
- Imagine the player stats in your sports game being updated automatically based on the weekend’s results. It’s now possible with Xbox One. Thanks to the power of the cloud, game worlds stay in sync with the real world
Completely re-engineered Kinect to take full advantage of all that Xbox One can do. It’s more precise. More responsive. More intuitive. Its unparalleled voice, vision, and motion technology lets you reach into games and entertainment like never before. Automatically sign in when you enter the room. Accelerate through a game with subtle gestures. Or navigate through your favorite TV shows with the sound of your voice. It’s an entirely new Kinect for a new generation of entertainment.
- Real Vision: Kinect Real Vision technology dramatically expands its field of view for greater line of sight. An all-new active IR camera enables it to see in the dark. And using advanced 3-D geometry, it can even tell if you’re standing off balance.
- Real Motion: Kinect Real Motion technology tracks even the slightest gestures. So a simple squeeze of your hand results in precise control over a game or app. Whether you’re standing up or sitting down.
- Real Voice: Kinect Real Voice technology focuses on the sounds that matter, thanks to an all-new multi-microphone array. Advanced noise isolation lets Kinect know who to listen to, even in a crowded room. And, for the first time, you can use your voice to launch any Xbox One experience from anywhere in the system, so you can quickly move from one thing to another.
What many consider the best gaming controller just got better with over 40 technology innovations. New Impulse Triggers deliver precise fingertip feedback for a more realistic experience. Microsoft has revised the thumbsticks, D-pad, and contours of the controller itself for improved precision and comfort in your hands.
Introducing Xbox SmartGlass
Turns your mobile phone or tablet into a second screen that intelligently interacts with your Xbox One. Navigate with your touch screen, pinch, and tap to surf the Web on your TV. Your wireless device becomes the ideal companion to your Xbox One as it serves up extended experiences of your favorite TV shows, movies, music, games, and sports.
ID@Xbox (Independent Developer program) will provide 1,000’s of new titles over the first year alone, including Free-to-play option games. ID@Xbox titles have access to all the same features as any other game. “They have full Gamerscore, full Achievements, can take advantage of SmartGlass and Kinect as well.
HELP On Demand!
In front of your console, you can say, “Xbox: Help!’ and then it will appear on the console. Or in SmartGlass, you can click on the Help icon and then it will just tune into exactly what you’re doing and present the right help content for you.”
This applies across the rest of the console as well, including Internet Explorer and even the system’s settings. You can say, ‘Hey, I’m in Internet Explorer, where are my settings?’ Okay, well, here’s where you are. Or how do I add a contact? Or how do I add a friend? Or how do I do Game DVR clips? We think this is gonna apply not only to games and game help, but also to applications on the system as well as the system itself,”
Critics and Gamers are raving about this new console. There’s really never been a console like this before. Choosing between the PlayStation 4 and the Xbox One need not be a difficult choice. They are both amazing consoles that should be around for the next 5-8 years before another update. Incorporating online and local content with gaming makes us the winners in this battle between Sony and Microsoft.
Where to buy?
You can buy Xbox One on Amazon. And currently with their free shipping it appears to be one of the best choices online. Click here to view on Amazon.
Considering this console is expect to sell out at launch, below are some reputable Ebay sellers that may have some left in their stock.