Swag Bucks has been around for quite a few years and many people either don’t know about it, or forgot this easy-to-use site is still around. It’s surprisingly quick to earn point (Bucks) to redeem for gift cards. Over the last 2 years I’ve earned $100’s in gift cards from stores such as Amazon, Target, Walmart and Starbucks. You earn Swag Bucks for doing searches on the Web, completing surveys, watching short videos, and shopping online. You then cash-in your Swag Bucks for gift cards
The following guide will help you get started and earning $$$ in a short amount of time. I’d love to hear from anyone who uses this guide, so please leave a comment below and let me know how it goes and what you buy with your free gift cards!
Note: For our full list of methods to earn Gift Cards and/or Cash online by tested and approved services, go here.
How to Use:
- Web Search
- You can earn Swag Bucks for doing Web searches. You can do these searches directly on their site or from a downloadable toolbar. Typically you can earn Swag Bucks within the first 3-10 searches. These pay out anywhere from 4 to 59 Swag Bucks. Some days even higher.
- Swag TV Ncrave, and APPS
- Under the Watch tab on their site is Ncrave. Here you can watch videos of many categories. In the corner of each item it will note how many swagbucks you can earn. The trick here is to find the items with the circle icon. These mean they will run automatically, meaning you don’t have to click after each video. TIP: While the first video is running, click someone on the page, (not on a video), just somewhere blank. Then click on your keyboard “control and tab” at the same time. It will move to another tab you should already have open. This will allow you to continue what you were doing on the web browser and the videos will play in the back ground… making you money! Don’t tell anyone I told you, but you could do this at work. Go for the high value items and they will play for 20-25 minutes. Go back, do more, over and over. It really is unlimited.
- Apps: After you’ve signed up for Swagbucks, using the bonus point links I posted above, be sure to download their apps. The main app, SBTV is currently paying 2 Swagbucks per 10 videos. TIP: Find a short video. Currently they have a short video category, some are just 10 seconds. Usually a comedy skit or a gardening tip. Add to your favorites. To do this, simply go back to the menu screen listing the videos, and press/hold that video’s menu item. Now when you go the main menu, click favorites, then that video. It will play that short video over and over until you earn Swagbucks! After you reach the limit for the app. Currently 10 swagbucks. You may earn a Bonus round. Sometimes you can keep going with bonus rounds all day long. After this app, go to their other apps. They have 5 others. Lifestyl.z – IndyMusic – Sportly – MovieClips – EntertaiNow (yes, the spelling is correct). Be sure to sign up here first for bonus points
- Shopping Online
- When shopping online if you click through the links within the “Shop” tab you can earn Swag Bucks. Depending on the store you shop at earnings can be 1 Swag Buck per dollar spent, or more than 10. Many stores you may already shop at are included here such as; Sears, Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Walmart, and even Hotels.com. Occasionally there are special deals where they offer double earnings. Watch for them.
- Daily Goal
- Each day Swag Bucks has a Daily Goal you can try to meet. If you don’t, it isn’t a big deal and doesn’t penalize you. However, if you do meet the goal you will receive the bonus displayed that varies from 5-12 Swag Bucks typically. . In the upper left corner of your Swag Bucks home page, you’ll find statistics. In addition to the Daily Goal if you reach the goal a for a number of days in a row there are even more bonus Bucks! So if you can meet this Daily Goal, the more days the better, the bonus Bucks can really add up! Typically they pay these out within the first week in month following.
- There are various surveys offered that can earn you anywhere from 10 to 200 or more Swag Bucks. On the main menu there are “Gold Surveys”. These payouts vary, but are customized to the profile you gradually fill in as you go. Sometimes there are 10 minutes for 100 swagbucks, these are what I look for. TIP: Many firms running these surveys are looking for families with an income of about $70. Your family usually will, but this is what many companies are looking for. There are other surveys as well under the Discover menu item. Peanut Labs is one that has many to choose from. I find it best to wait for the double swagbuck days for peanut labs because the Gold Surveys would pay more usually. I enjoy many of the surveys because it really does give you a chance to have your opinion heard on new products, TV shows, movies, or even sometimes, politics.
- Special Offers:
- Under the “Discover” tab you will find Special Offers. Here is where you can earn even more Swag Bucks by completely different surveys, watching sponsored videos, completing the “Daily Poll” (highly recommended) and signing up for newsletters or other offers such as paid and free trials of services such as GameFly, Blockbuster, Netflix, Credit Scores, Car Insurance Quotes, etc. I don’t recommend the newsletter sign-ups unless you have a good junk-mail filter. Some of the sign-ups can be great Swat Bucks makers such as the Netflix free trial is sometimes a free 1,000 Swag Bucks!
- Swag Codes:
- Throughout the day, sometimes once, sometimes many times Swag Bucks will release a Swag Code. Via e-mail or their Blog (on their site) you simply click to get the code then paste it into the code box (upper right currently). Tax day had many issued, and typically on holidays they do this as well.
- Redeeming Swag Bucks for Gift Cards
- Within the “Rewards” tab the Rewards Store is where you will cash in your Swag Bucks for gift cards or other physical items. I suggest sticking to gift cards as they are a much better deal typically, and you can buy what you really want with them. Gift card amounts are available from about $5 to over $100. Usually the gift cards turn out to equal about 100 Swag Bucks for 1 dollar, thus a $5 card would cost 500 Swag Bucks. Currently the $5 Amazon card is just $450 Swag Bucks making it a great buy if you shop there already. Note that there is a limit of 5 of these cards per calendar month so just choose others after this. TIP: Once per month you can redeem 2200 swagbucks for a $25 gift card. This works out as a much better deal and a great discount! I’ve been stocking up on Amazon and Target gift cards this way.
Swag Bucks may sound too good to be true, but it really isn’t. It does make you money as my $400+ in Amazon and Target gift cards can attest to. I can typically meet the daily goal within 30 minutes or so. If a high value survey or I’m lucky with a search I can reach 300 or more Swag Bucks in that time.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions, but why not sign up here and get started earning now!